MUA Cosmetics Pro Base Matte Satin Pressed Powder

Another new product from MUA is the Pro Base Matte Satin Pressed Powder, £2.50 in Superdrug. This is a compact pressed powder which I'm hoping will help to mattify my skin, set my foundation in place while providing a subtle amount of colour. This shade is called Ivory and there are six shades available in total.

I have not seen a description of this on their website or on their blog yet but on the packaging it says that this is a 'satin smooth powder that leaves your skin with a flawlessly matte finish'.
The lid of the compact is clipped tightly shut which doesn't open that easily but at least this way it won't fling open and get loose bits of powder everywhere. There is no built in mirror or any kind of applicator in the compact. The consistency of the powder feels very smooth and creamy and is not crumbly at all.
The pigmentation is quite decent for a pressed powder and is fairly opaque but most importantly, it is matte. This also doesn't have that typical powder scent like other pressed powders have making it suitable and appealing to the younger generation or people who want a scentless pressed powder and in my opinion, this is a good thing.
This claims that it leaves your skin feeling matte so I quickly dusted some of the powder over my bare face using a large fluffy powder brush. It doesn't completely mattify my skin and I can still see little bits of shine in my T Zone so I'm going to apply my full face of makeup and then use the powder to see the results.
 
I applied the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer and the foundation that I used was the Maybelline Flawless Nude in Ivory. I used the No7 Directional Powder Brush to lightly dust the powder over my complexion. With this brush, there is a light amount of coverage and a natural looking finish which is definitely matte. It sets the foundation nicely but it does slightly cling to dry patches.
 
Overall I am liking this powder but I'm not completely impressed with it because there isn't anything significantly different about this product but at the same time I wasn't let down. I like it because it is a scentless matte powder that is so affordable at only £2.50 and it definitely does do what it claims to do and keeps shine under control.
 
What is your go-to powder?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review