L'Oreal Infallible Matte Max Lipstick

I have some serious mixed feelings about these L'Oreal Matte Max Lipsticks, £6.99 each. As much as I love them, I can't help but feel so disappointed with them at the same time.

 I picked up three shades out of the six available while on my usual browse in Superdrug and thought they looked really cool, unique and innovative. However, there are some major downfalls I experienced with these new products that made me feel so gutted that I spent £6.99 on each of them.
 Let's start with packaging. Superdrug always stick security tags on items priced over £5 and getting those damned tags off of products is a nightmare, and consequently caused a part of the lid colour to be ripped off along with it. I don't know who to blame here, but generally I think the packaging of these is a bit too 'cheap' for L'Oreal as they're products always have super good quality packaging. This is also how they are sold; no boxes, no wrapping for hygiene purposes. Just a simple, standard black tube with the colour of each shade on the lid. That's all.
 However, like I said earlier these are new and unique. Instead of being the typical twist-up lipsticks, the lipstick is inside the lid and you apply it using the sponge tip applicators. You might be thinking how this all works, but when the lid is on, twist the bottom of the product back and forth a few times and that will transfer the colour onto the sponge and then you can just apply to your lips. They are so precise to apply thanks to the tapered shape of the sponge.
The formulation goes from gel-to-powder with a lightweight, soft matte finish that stays put for around five hours I found out. The pigmentation is surprisingly opaque which I really like and I found that two coats of these lip colours work really well.  
The first shade I have is 001 Silencio which is a soft salmon-pink nude shade which has been a shade I've been reaching for on a daily basis for work.  
Shade 004 Oops I Pink It Again  is a bright fuchsia pink shade which I think will go great in Springtime.
 007 Say My Name is a red shade with a slight orange undertone and I think this would be a great shade to wear on a night out with a simple classic flick eye.
Despite the disappointing downside of the cheap-looking packaging, I actually really like these! The colour is intensely pigmented, they last for ages and are mess-free in application. I'm not sure how much use I can get out of these as I'm not sure how much product is actually there but hopefully it will be worth the £6.99 price tag.
 
What do you think of these products?
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review