Review // Real Techniques Miracle Diamond Sponge

13 Facets. Any Look. Real Techniques creators Sam and Nic Chapman have certainly been busy over at their HQ and have launched three new makeup sponges into their range of extensive makeup applicators.
Introducing the new Bold Metals Miracle Diamond Sponge - thirteen sides is designed to work with multiple products; creams, liquids and powders. Use wet or dry for your desired coverage. I am a huge fan of RT products as they are excellent quality and value and are an essential part of my collection and since I love the original Miracle Complexion Sponge so much, I had to give this newbie a try!

The pointed tip of the diamond is perfect for covering up small imperfections such as blemishes or reaching tighter areas like the sides of the nose or under the eyes. They recommend using the flat top to buff foundation into the texture of the skin and the larger flat sides to cover larger areas quicker such as the cheeks and forehead. I also like to use these flat sides and the smaller edges to contour.

The many sides of this sponge make it multi-useful. You can do your foundation, concealer, cream contour, blush and highlight with one tool. I am going to show you how I did my entire face of makeup using only this one sponge.
 I started off by using the top of the sponge to buff my foundation into the skin, using the sides of the diamond to work it in to an airbrushed finish. I love the coverage using this sponge damp and it also helps to really blend the foundation into the texture of my skin.
 I then used the pointed tip to blend the concealer around my under-eye area and it effortlessly blended the two products into each other creating a smooth canvas. The long pointed tip really got into the corners and covered up the blueness at the edge of my orbital bone.
 I then worked my cream contour into the cheekbones by applying it directly from the sponge. The shape of the sponge fits really nicely into the hollows of my cheeks to give a really natural finish. I used my fingers to pat some cream blush to the apples of my cheeks and a highlighter to the tops of my cheekbones and used the small sides of the sponge to blend out. This technique made all these products blend into each other and I ended up with a perfect contour.
Overall, this latest Bold Metals piece did not fail to impress - it's quick, easy and effortless to complete an entire face of makeup with this one sponge and cleaning it is really easy too - after every use I use a brush cleanser to lather up on the sponge and then rinse it all away and it's left good as new! I'd rate this a 5 out of 5 in terms of application, however this retails for around £12 so it isn't the most budget-friendly sponge, especially with their original sponge costing half the price. I think that the shape of this sponge is a unique way to apply a multitude of products and I can see it becoming a staple piece in my collection.
 
Have you tried any of the new Real Techniques products before?
 
Beth <3 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review